The Jordanian Society for Occupational Therapy (JSOT) 2021
A series of events and activities took place in Jordan under the supervision, guidance, cooperation, and initiation of the JSOT in 2021:
- The Jordanian Society for Occupational Therapy/JSOT participated in the meeting of the Council of the World Federation of Occupational Therapists No. 34 on January 19, through its representative, Dr. Hashem Abu Traih, the representative of Jordan to the WFOT, and at the meeting. The new members of the Union (Bosnia, Botswana, Mongolia and Serbia) were welcomed. A president, a vice president and an officer for professional development in the union were also elected, the final accounts for the years 2018 and 2019 were approved, and the budget for the years 2020 and 2021 was approved. Where the meeting was held online.
- The Society participated in an international assessment from British on 4/2/2021 on the stages through which the national rehabilitation plan was formed through the rehabilitation platform, which was organized by Humanity & Inclusion HI / Handicap over the last five years, as the society was Present in all meetings and workshops held during the period 2016-2020.
- The Jordanian Society for Occupational Therapy/JSOT was approved by the Higher Health Council as a coordinating body for activities related to occupational therapy within 7 approved bodies on 11/7/2021.
- The accreditation of the occupational therapy program at the University of Jordan and the Jordan University of Science and Technology was renewed for an additional seven years (from 2021-2028) by the World Federation of Occupational Therapy and with the recommendations of the Jordanian Society for Occupational Therapy on 7/14/2021.
- The Jordanian Society for Occupational Therapy/JSOT participated in the launching ceremony of the National Rehabilitation Strategy (2020-2024), which was launched by the Ministry of Health in cooperation with the World Health Organization and the "Humanity and Incluson Organization" on 27/7/2021, which was under the patronage of His Royal Highness Prince Mired bin Raad. And in the presence of His Excellency the Minister of Health, Dr. Firas Hawari, Secretary-General of the Supreme Council for the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, Dr. Muhannad Al-Azza, Director-General of the General Organization for Social Security Hazem Al-Rahahle, Dr. Hala Saqr , Regional Adviser on Violence, Injuries and Disability at the World Health Organization, Mr. Federico Desce, Regional Director of the Humanity and Inclusion Organization and a number of sectors related to rehabilitation, locally and regionally.knowing that the Society participated in all stages of establishing the strategy over a period of more than 5 years.
- The accreditation of the occupational therapy program at the Jordan University of Science and Technology was retroactively renewed for the years (1999 - 2009) by the World Federation of Occupational Therapy and with the recommendations of the Jordanian Society for Occupational Therapy on 29/9/2021.
- The Jordanian Society for Occupational Therapy/JSOT signed a memorandum of understanding with the Al-Hussein Society/Jordan Center for Training and Inclusion, on Monday, 8/11/2021 at the headquarters of the Al-Hussein Society in the presence of HRH Princess Magda Raad and the Executive Director of the Al-Hussein Society, Mrs. Anne Abu Hanna for a period of 6 months.
- JSOT in cooperation with the Higher Medical Council, held an introductory and awareness lecture on the Medical Liability Law and the Insurance Fund against Medical and Health Liability Errors on 17/11/2021 at Al-Isra Hospital , the lecture was attended by a number of sectors included (universities, Royal Medical Services, Public and private hospitals, private centers).
- JSOT participated in the celebration held by the University of Jordan / College of Rehabilitation Sciences to celebrate the International Day of Persons with Disabilities under the patronage of His Royal Highness Prince Mired bin Zaid, which was held at Queen Rania College on Thursday, 12/23/2021.