- Development opportunities & supportive team
- Competitive remuneration
- Relocation support - interstate and international candidates
- Sponsorship - 482 & 494 visas available
About our client
Our client provides a range of allied health and paediatric services to clients of all abilities and ages. Our client are also a registered National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) provider and offer Plan Management and Support Coordination services to approved participants.
We have multiple positions in both metro and regional locations in Western Australia. Occupational Therapists work with a multi disciplinary team of psychologist, speech therapists, dieticians and other health practitioners.
To succeed, you would have experience:
- Assessing clients' emotional, psychological, developmental and physical capabilities using clinical observations and standardised tests
- Assessing clients' functional potential in their environments, and recommending environmental adaptations to maximise their performance
- Planning and directing programs through the use of vocational, recreational, remedial, social and educational activities on an individual and group basis
- Providing advice to family members, carers, employers and teachers about adapting clients' home, leisure, work and school environments
- Recommending adaptive equipment, to assist clients to overcome their functional limitation
- Working alongside and consulting with other health professionals including psychologists, speech pathologists, positive behaviour support practitioners, dietitians and therapy assistants, as part of the multidisciplinary team.
- Developing, implementing and monitoring treatment programs.
- Keeping detailed records relating to client conditions, care plans, therapies and progress.
- Maintaining a high-quality general standard of care for clients and their families.
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest findings and developments in the international field of occupational therapy to ensure clients are always receiving the best standard of care possible.
Skills and Knowledge
- Occupational Therapist is expected to have demonstrated achievement or capability in the areas appropriate to the Position Description.
- Hold a current membership with AHPRA. (or willing to obtain if international)
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in occupational therapy.
- Have excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Have the ability to take care of clients with different personalities.
- Be comfortable using a computer for various tasks.
- Have the ability to assess client condition and work with treatment plans
Apply with your resume via the link.
Eligible applicants will be invited to interview via video.