Interior Health’s North Hills Care Centre has a permanent, full-time opening.
This position is integrated into the Community Home Health Team to support the clients’ improvement towards self-management of chronic conditions in the home and/or community setting. Possible coverage in other areas of temporary vacancies, such as Long-Term Care, Community Mental Health, may be required.
What will you work on:
- A Community Home Health Occupational Therapist provides in-home assessments, consultations, treatment and education to a wide range of clients and their families. Services include training in the use of mobility devices like walkers and crutches; or recommending modifications to make a home accessible and safe.
- Providing work direction to the rehabilitation assistants working with the team in regards to transfer of function.
- Working collaboratively with the home health team to determine a treatment care plan.
- Travel radius is mainly within Kamloops with the occasional rural coverage if required less than 60 km. Fleet vehicle utilized for any rural coverage.
- Days of work are Mondays to Fridays. Occasional weekend coverage may be required.
- Could also be required to assist with coverage in Long-Term Care and Mental Health and Substance Use as per clinician experience.
How will you create impact:
- Your work matters by assisting clients restore, improve or maintain physical capabilities and ensure the home environment is organized to make daily tasks more manageable..
How will we help you grow:
- Support and knowledge sharing from an established interdisciplinary team.
- Be part of the Home Health transformational work to ensure a team based care approach for each home health client.
- Numerous educational opportunities are available as part of this transformation work.
Who are we looking for:
We are seeking an Occupational Therapist who works well within the team but also able to work independently with good people and communication skills. Ability to coach and educate clients. Willing to learn new skills.
Reasons to Join Interior Health:
• Comprehensive employer-paid benefits package and generous vacation entitlement.
• Recognition of previous experience in determining starting salary.
• Relocation Allowance assistance.
• Access to our in-house learning and development centre to complete training courses to allow you to build on and develop your skills.
• Employee Health and Wellness programs are available to employees and family members.
• Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for IH staff.
If you value being in a smaller Interior of BC City with ample recreational opportunities and you think this position sounds like a fit to you, we welcome receiving your application!
• Current registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia (COTBC).
• Graduation from a recognized occupational therapy program.
• Valid BC Driver’s license.
We welcome upcoming Masters of Occupational Therapy new graduates or applicants with provisional registration to apply!
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply. Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to [email protected] to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.