This Course is ONLY 1.18% of Your Annual Working Time!!
Train Brave. PD Warrior.
PD Warrior educates health professionals to drive change within patients by re-training their brains through applying Neuroplasticity to Parkinson's. A skill which is also transferable to other neurological conditions.
Build on your existing skills & enhance your capacity for impact on activities of daily living, community participation & social engagement. This may be the one course which changes your entire clinical practice for the better.
We operate in Australia, New Zealand and the UK & have trained over 1,000 OTs, physios & exercise physiologists.
We have 2 COURSES AVAILABLE:
1) Level 1 Introductory Theory
This course is conducted online & comprises FIVE modules. Each module includes webinar content, pre-reading literature & a quiz. You should expect this course to take around 10-15 hours to complete.
2) Level 2 Practical Workshop
This workshop is the consolidation of the theory into clinical practice. Attendance is required at the practical workshop & L1 must have been completed.
What you will learn from this course:
- The latest evidence underpinning intensive and neuro-active exercise prescription
- The pathophysiology of Parkinson’s
- How to tailor exercise effectively for the three different types of Parkinson’s
- The seven core principals of neuroplasticity and how to implement them effectively
- How to deliver the 10 Core Exercises and how to create your own exercise portfolio
- How to create an enriched and motivating exercise environment
- Learn how to empower your patients and create long-term exercise behaviours
- How to assess and treat someone throughout the various stages of Parkinson’s
UK 2018 L2 COURSE SCHEDULE:
Nuneaton - 17th March
Macclesfield - 7th April
Newport - 5th May
Dublin - 9th or 10th June
London - 7th July
Chesterfield - 11th August
Bridgend - 15th September
Edinburgh - 29th September
York - October
London - October
AU/NZ 2018 L2 COURSE SCHEDULE:
Sydney, NSW - 18th March
Melbourne, VIC - 21st April
Buderim, QLD - 19th May
Sydney, NSW - 24th June
Adelaide, SA - July
Auckland, NZ - August
Sydney, NSW - 16th September
Perth or Melbourne - October
Sydney, NSW - 25th November
Advocates of PD Warrior include Parkinsons UK, Parkinsons Australia faculties & the UK Chartered Society of Physiotherapists. We have appeared on BBC News.com, Channel 10 & Channel 9 news in Australia.
TO BOOK, CLICK BELOW:
PD WARRIOR FOUNDERS:
Melissa McConaghy, FACP, is a Specialist Neurological Physio and Fellow of the Australian College of Physiotherapists. She holds a Master of Health Science in Neurological Physiotherapy and Grad. Certificate in Public Health. In addition to treating, teaching and researching, Melissa is also author of Amazon Best Seller The New Parkinson’s Treatment: Exercise is Medicine and founder of PD Warrior.
Lynn Tullock, APAM, is a Neurological Physio and Clinical Director at the Advance Rehab Centre in Sydney. Lynn coordinates the Parkinson’s clinic & is also the co-founder of PD Warrior.